RICK L. FERRARA, ATTORNEY AT LAW:
General practice attorney with a focus on small to midsized business litigation; small business establishment and strategic planning; and general appellate and litigation practice.
I graduated from Cleveland State University's Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in 2009 and carry a Bachelor's Degree in History from Marquette University. Before attending law school, I worked in marketing, sales, and Microsoft-based computer network management for small businesses.
My academic credentials include active participation in Cleveland-Marshall's Moot Court Program. I served on both the ABA National Team, and the National Competition Team, while ardently participating in cultural and academic clubs, including the Student Bar Association, Justinian Forum, and the Gavel student newspaper.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, LEGAL:
Of Counsel, The Lindner Law Firm (June 2011- Present)
I serve in an Of Counsel capacity at The Lindner Law Firm, providing representation to clients in need of dynamic but accessible legal services. I developed a focus based on my personal experiences in small business growth and development, and having served in small business environments prior to becoming an attorney.
My legal skill set serves me well at The Lindner Law Firm. I pride myself on carefully crafted written arguments, and devote a large percentage of my practice to motion and appellate drafting. I also cultivate my oral argument skills through regular appellate argument and direct representation.
When not providing business services, I ardently uphold my constitutional duties by providing direct representation to indigent criminal defendants and appellants.
The Law Office of Rick L. Ferrara, Esq. (May 2010 - June 2011)
Maintained a general practice law firm that serves as the foundation for my work at The Lindner Law Firm.
Cuyahoga County Prosecutor's Office (May 2007 - May 2009)
Law Clerk, General Felony and Appellate Division
- Wrote appellate briefs, trial motions, and research memoranda
- Provided research and assistance to Appellate, General Felony, and Civil Division
- Assistant Prosecuting Attorneys
- Assisted in pretrial activity, including discovery procedures
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, BUSINESS & MANAGEMENT:
Ross-Tek Information Systems (November 2004 - May 2006)
Technical Account Manager
- Managed small business clients, coordinating with leaders to manage and plan computer networking needs
- Created and executed marketing and sales initiatives
- Restructured maintenance agreements and installation contracts
Greater Cleveland Sports Commission (July 2003 - August 2004)
2004 International Children's Games & Cultural Festival -Marketing & Public Relations
Coordinator / Athletic Coordinator
- Assisted in the management of media needs for an international sports tournament featuring ten competitions
and a cultural festival
- Assisted in the development of ten international sporting events for over 2,500
Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland State University
- Juris Doctor (May, 2009)
- Moot Court (2007-2009):
- Best Orator, Moot Court Night 2008
- Member, Nationals Competition Team (Fall, 2008)
- Member, ABA Competition Team (Spring, 2008)
- Member, Board of Governors, Alumni Relations (2008-2009)
- The Gavel Student Newspaper, Co-Editor in Chief (2008-2009)
- Student Bar Association, Senator (2007-2008)
- Justinian Forum, President (2007-2009)
- Federalist Society, Vice President (2007-2008)
- Criminal Law Society, Member (2007-2008)
John Carroll University - University Heights, Ohio:
Completed graduate courses in Communications Management, 2003-2004
Marquette University - Milwaukee, Wisconsin:
Bachelor of Arts in History (major), English (minor), 2001
Admitted to Practice:
The State of Ohio
The United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
Ohio State Bar Association
May, 2010 - Present
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
December, 2010 - Present
Geauga County Bar Association
August, 2010 - Present
Lake County Bar Association
August, 2010 - Present